Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Damien Hirst at the Tate Modern

I'm not a massive fan of art - I won't pretend to know the first things about it. But I have heard a lot about Damien Hirst's upcoming exhibition at the Tate Modern in London, and watching 'Damien Hirst: The First Look' on Channel 4 last night, was excited to see one thing in particular - a piece named 'For The Love Of God' - a diamond encrusted human skull, reportedly now worth over £50 million - the most expensive artwork ever created.

Damien Hirst: For The Love Of God

Some of his other works are not so beautiful - some erring on the side of macabre (including pickled animals), but another that caught my eye was 'The Four Elements: Who's Afraid of Red, Yellow, Green and Blue" made with butterflies, and another room you can walk through with live butterflies amongst the art.

Damien Hirst: The Four Elements: Who's Afraid of Red, Yellow, Green and Blue
If I were on a day-trip to London I would love to go see this, but I may give it a miss for a while since I expect it will be heaving from when it opens - tomorrow Wednesday 4th April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think cupcakes?