Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation Review

Soo.. I thought I would get on with my first review - I know that this is a little slow since Vitalumiere Aqua has been out a while now, but I have been using it since its release date so I think I can give a pretty concise , thorough review of it! I have to say that this is my all-time FAVOURITE foundation, and at £31 a pop you'd expect something pretty damn wonderful from it!


This foundation is meant to be an 'ultra-light skin perfecting makeup' with SPF 15 and it really does what it says on the tin. If you prefer a more sheer / light coverage then this is perfect, I would compare it to MAC Face and Body in terms of coverage and consistency. The overall finish is a really natural, yet flawless base, and upon application you get that fresh signature Chanel skincare scent which is lovely. I wear shade B20 Beige applied with a MAC 190 and although I'm lucky being fair - the shade range isn't great and you may struggle to find a suitable shade if your skin is darker. Another downside is that the packaging is plastic and tiny - it is 30ml the same as the other Chanel foundations though I would prefer it in the glass packaging that some of the others are sold in. Also if you like a sheer base then you are likely to use foundation sparingly like myself - and I find that this much lasts me a few months.

At the moment I'm alternating between Vitalumiere Aqua and Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect - Bourjois foundations are also wonderful - though since they are owned by Chanel I suppose you would expect that! I am yet to try Rimmel Wake Me Up which is currently geting rave reviews. Are there any others that are similar to these 3? What do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think cupcakes?